Thursday, July 3, 2008

Next Step...Gutters

This last Monday, the roof was fixed. Now it's on to the next job....gutters. Remember how smashed and twisted the old gutters were? Check this out.....





Now look at the new gutters in all their glory! They have been replaced and I think they look great!





After working a longer day than normal, I arrived home about 6:45 PM to find a contractor truck in my driveway and David from Elite Gutters was hard at work. He was almost finished in fact. He was a little amazed at how flattened one of the gutters had gotten. He had no idea that it was from the tree that had fallen up against the house. And because he didn't see any trees nearby, his only thought was that maybe the roofers had done it when they worked on the new roof. So when I told him just how the gutters got so mangled, the surprise was obvious on his face. Incidentally, he only lives a few blocks south of me but was unaware at how much of a mess we had in our neighborhood.

Slowly but surely I'm making progress and getting the exterior back in tip-top shape. But I have a long way to go. Next on the list....a new window!

2 comments:

Kevin Moberg said...

Aargh, I wish you didn't have to go through this. But you seem to be getting the projects done step-by-step. It's kinda nice, too, to know that this and that item on your house will be brand-new now. Will you get new siding, too?

Sandal said...

I will have the siding replaced on two walls. The east end and the south side. A guy will be here on Monday to match the color, etc. So hopefully it's readily available!