Saturday, July 26, 2008

They've Arrived!

Today was a day I was looking forward to for a long time. My brother, Kevin, and his family drove from Dickinson, ND to visit me. It was my first day of vacation as well. So I had the day to finish up my preparations for their arrival.
They drove up to the front of my house about 7:30 in the evening. The girls all came running in and gave me big hugs. It was so great to see them as I hadn't seen any of their family since October of last fall for my Dad's 70TH birthday.
I had been cooking a roast with vegetables in my slow cooker most of the day and thankfully, everyone was hungary enough to eat after settling in.

I had kind of made some tentative plans for activities that we would all like to do for the week. After discussing a few of them, we headed for bed and would be starting our exciting week of vacation for all of us! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

We, too, had been looking forward to the trip for a long time! We were not the least bit surprised to encounter delicious food at Sandy's house. What a terrific meal. And it was fun to see your great house, too, Sis.