Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Repairs Have Begun!

If you remember this, then you'll know that I have many projects that need to be done on and around my house. Well, after waiting on insurance, those projects are underway. Yesterday the rest of the old shingles, paper and vents were taken off and all of it was replaced.
The roofers showed up at 7:30 in the morning and not far behind them came the Builders Supply truck with the new shingles, paper and vents.


In the process of tearing off the old roof...

Here comes the truck with new shingles!

It's not all for my house, only the 2ND row of shingles and the boxes near the back.

Going up!

The men hard at work in the early hours.

It's funny how you don't really notice the obvious sights. For example, I didn't always just look at the roof of the house when pulling in my driveway. But for the last month, I noticed, every time I neared my house, just how bad it looked in it's dilapidated state. Now I notice how nice it is to have it back to the way it's supposed to be! The entire project was finished about 2PM. They hardly stopped for a break. And they cleaned up after themselves! I love not having to put buckets and towels on the floor inside the house each time it rains just to catch what once was leaking drops of water.

Next job......new gutters!

2 comments:

Kevin Moberg said...

Glad to hear things are moving along! Any interior damage to your roof (e.g., inside the ceiling, in the rafters, etc.)? I'm impressed how quickly the roofers got the job done.

Sandal said...

There was damage in the bedroom ceiling and the living room ceiling. I will eventually have all of that replaced too. Ish.......