Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vacation....Day #1

I rose early today and prepared a big breakfast for us all to enjoy. I wanted to make sure our day started on a full stomach! The meal consisted of hash browns, eggs, mild, green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, melted butter and cubed ham. This was all baked together for a dish called Country Breakfast Eggs....a recipe from my dearly departed Aunt Sharon G. We ate toast and bananas and grapes with it and drank juice and coffee.

Kevin and Susan and I then sat and made a schedule of what places we'd go to and which day, depending on when everything was open. Today we would visit Fontenelle Forest. I had never been there either so it was something I was looking forward to seeing myself. We decided after getting there, that we would walk on some trails in the forest that would take approximately one hour.

But first let me get you into the feel of our weather. It just happened to be one the hottest days we'd had in a few weeks. The humidity level was almost 100% and the temperature was roughly 90*. (if I remember right) The whole week was forecast to be in the 90's and very humid. They were correct!


Kevin and the girls before we headed out to the steamy outdoors!

So we had picked a very hot and sunny day to walk outdoors. Thankfully, we had the trees to shade us most of the time! Needless to say, we all had "I'm-sweating-in-places-I-didn't-know-I-could-sweat!" attitudes! We were all glistening....and sticky! Here are some pictures I captured of the gorgeous scenery. If you've never had the chance to go, you really must make time!



There is a small ravine at the bottom where the tree is laying on it's side...center of photo.


Which way do we go next?....I think it's "that way."






The trees were pretty when looking straight up towards the sky.



Looking north towards downtown Omaha.



1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Good pics! Yep, it was icky-sticky weather, but the scenery was too gorgeous; and we, too, have some fantastic photos to show for it.