Monday, November 17, 2008

Tastefully Simple on the Road

During my trip home, I also had business to attend to as well as just vacationing. My sister-in-law, Susan, had agreed to have a taste testing party in their home while I was in the state. So on Saturday morning, I drove from my Dad's to my brother and sister-in-law's house in Dickinson, ND. Her party was scheduled for 3 PM.

My nieces had a vague idea that I was going to be there but didn't have a confirmation on it from their parents. So when I arrived, I rang the doorbell and had 3 young girls greeting me with very wide grins on their faces....that is, once it registered that it was their Auntie Sandy standing on the other side of the door! It's fun to surprise them! They were helping Susan prepare the dips and desserts that would be served at the party.

Susan had a small gathering that brought in very good profits for her and I alike. She earned several free products from her show.

After her guests left and we cleaned up a bit (after continuing to eat what was left of the samples!), the girls found a couple of games that we played. Kevin and Susan wanted to surprise them again, by taking them to the new movie, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. It was a great movie and we all loved it! Very funny.

Then it was back to their house where we sat and watched a little bit of TV and chatted before going off to bed.

The next day they all got ready for Sunday School and Church while I got things packed back into my van to return to my Dad's house. I still had a few days left and wanted to continue to help Dad & Beverly with some household chores.

After hugs and kisses, I left them and ran a few errands in Dickinson before heading back north to the farm. I made a stop in Tioga for a few groceries as I had planned to make a couple of meals for them before I left for Nebraska.


The view out my front window while driving back to Dad's. These are the Killdeer Mountains....I know....mountains in ND? Yep....

How pretty is this even if it's not green?


It's always fun to see family....my nieces grow more in between each visit with them! Such sweet young ladies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun to see you, even for such a short visit! I'm glad you got to work us into your vacation :-)

Kevin Moberg said...

Compare versions.

Kevin Moberg said...

And ought you to be snapping photos whilst you're driving? I think not. Safety first.