Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sky of Wonder

If it hadn't been for the fact that the calendar said November 6TH, today I would have thought it was June or July. The weather has been quite irritable this week and today was no exception. While the northern plains of ND and SD were being blanketed with fluffy white snow, we were being threatened with rain and a chance of snow. But the wind was blowing all day and we were under severe weather advisories for the remainder of the day. I had very vivid flashbacks of all the bad weather we endured during the month of June.
The sky was churning and clouds were on the move. Mother Nature was trying her best to raise havoc on Omaha. Thankfully, all she could muster was a small rain shower and strong winds along with temperatures that only dropped to the upper 30's. It could have been a treacherous drive to work on Friday if she had succeeded with snow!


The southern sky prior to rain.......


Looking to the west.
I was even hearing the thunder boom as I sat at the computer listening to music. Yes, it was that loud! My cats heard it....I could see them look towards the windows as if to wonder what the heck was going on outside.
I have a bad feeling about this winter! Is this the beginning of a real cold and snowy season? Lets hope not! I do like snow, but just not quite yet! It's still fall!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

That second photo looks like it could be the background for a religious poster.