Saturday, November 29, 2008

Vinyl Words to Live By

Have you ever heard of Upper Case Living? In a nutshell, it is basically a company that sells vinyl words and phrases that are applied to your choice of surfaces. You could put them on walls, refrigerators, windows, wood, mirrors, etc.
I was to my friends' house earlier this year as she held an Upper Case Living party in her home. They have some pretty creative sayings to choose from. You could also make up your own. Color isn't a problem either as you can order it in your own color schemes.
I had a hard time deciding on which one I wanted. Actually I had a few that were my top choices. But I had to narrow it down. The place in my house that I was thinking of while making my choice, was my kitchen. I had a couple of walls that needed some decor. So it was tough for me to picture just what I would hang on the wall that would have vinyl lettering.
I finally ordered one. It has sat in my kitchen for a couple months only because I hadn't been to any stores to figure out what to place it on. I went to Hobby Lobby and with the aid of an employees, decided to purchase a large mirror. After getting it home, it turned out that it was going to be perfect for the shape of the sticky vinyl letters to rest.
See for yourself........

"Espresso Yourself!"



It took me a few tries to get it hung just right.........but I really like it. I'm hoping to find a couple smaller items to hang on the wall next to it to create a grouping of decor. What do you think?

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Kyoo-it! These are such a good idea. I've seen them in other peoples' homes and liked them.