Saturday, November 15, 2008

Time to Get to Work

I told Beverly before my arrival in ND to make a list of chores that I could do to help them as they have medical issues that prevent them from doing some of the things that they need done or would like to have done. She was ready for my return to ND!
Friday morning after getting dressed for the day, my Aunt Penny, Dad's sister, stopped by on her way home from having her hair fixed. It was her weekly visit. So it was fun for me to see her as well. She is so bubbly and fun to visit with!
After Penny left, I decided that this was the day I would work in the living room. I re-arranged the furniture and vacuumed the floors as I went. Box elder bugs are a nuisance in ND at this time of year. As the days get colder outside, the bugs look for warmer places to live and end up getting in the house constantly. So I was able to vacuum up the corpses of these nasty creatures as well. Ish!
Beverly was working on her ironing. Her shoulder prevents her from doing too much at one time so she would do what she could stand each day. She had accomplished quite a bit from what I could tell.
Later, Beverly had a hair appointment in Tioga and Dad suggested that we eat out and invite Beverly's son and daughter-in-law to join us. So they did. It's always fun to see Dennis and Julie.
We had made a stop at the grocery store prior to eating and after returning home, brought everything in snuggled in for the night. Their dog Bandy, a Shih-tzu, always loves company. She seems to like me as well. She ended up sleeping with me each night instead of Dad and Beverly! Go figure! She loves to play and is a great lap dog. We get along fine.....


It's always fun to visit the farm......things don't change too much but it's neat to see how much the trees have grown in between visits especially.

Where I grew up....

driving into the yard....
the back yard...


The front yard....
Such a peaceful and serene setting to see. No traffic, no sirens, and no neighbors! Lots of wild animals roam through the yard too. We watched 3 deer walk past the trees that are showing in the photo just above. It's not unusual to see such a sight. Last year, a young moose wandered into the yard. You just never know who will show up! It's great to be home!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

The sky is so danged blue in those photos! Just as I remember it while we were growing up.