Friday, July 31, 2009

Almost Done!

Note: If you read this before the actual next post, jump down to the next one so that you see things in chronological order.


I could hardly wait to get home from work today. This is the day the new deck was going to be built! I had been waiting for this since I moved in just over 2 years ago. It was a great sight to see and smell the new lumber being put together like puzzle pieces. They were working diligently in the heat of the day. I had asked Bob to take pictures during the construction as I like having those photos of progression. He took the photos, but I haven't gotten them yet. I'll let you see them as soon as I do. So for now, here are the pics that I took after they stopped working for the day. All that is left to do is put up the railing and build the steps. The steps will be on the end of the deck, which is your left as you see this photo. The new size is 10x14. I'll have to replace a few pieces of siding as well. It was sided around the old deck's railing so I'll need longer pieces of replacements.





I'm very excited to place my outdoor furniture on here! It will be nice and cool each day as there is mostly shade for a good part of the day and evening. My flower pots will look better on here as well.
Come over for a BBQ! It's going to be great! Stay tuned for the completed project photos......it should be done on Sunday.



1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Oh, okay, I'll admit it: this looks better than a deckless yard--or than that last deck. When are we invited over for a barbecue?