Saturday, July 4, 2009

Reunion Vacation......Day #2, Part 2

I keep forgetting that today is the 4TH of July! So, happy holiday!

It was time to head back to the park for our evening meal and entertainment. This was the last night we would all spend together.

After getting out of the car and walking up to the pavilion, we saw our main course being prepped. It was a pig roast. The entire pig was on the BBQ complete with apple near the mouth!




The roasting is almost complete!


It wasn't long after arriving that we were invited to dish up our plates and eat. The rest of the meal included potato salad, coleslaw, turkey and pork with the BBQ sauce on the side. Our dessert consisted of Norwegian cookies, a Norwegian wedding cake, snacks and drinks.


Here is my remaining great aunt of the Aune family.....Bea and her husband Bert Wilson. They and their kids and families hosted all of the rest of us. They had everything planned out nicely! It was a great weekend.


This is our dessert. Kransekaker ("wreath cakes"), also called Norwegian wedding cakes. They're made of ground almonds, powdered sugar, and egg whites.


There was a nice playground area and a volleyball court at this park which several of the kids took advantage of, including myself! There was also a nice path to walk through the park. Check out my brother's version of today.

Once our meal was concluded, there was a small program. Anyone that wanted to contribute a talent was invited to do so. We have many musical individuals and so they performed.


My cousin Renae Gudvangen-Sherwood and her daughter Rachel.


My cousin Brenda and her daughters Rachelle, Meghan and Katrina.


My niece Abigail, my sister Cathy, Uncle Ray Moberg, Me and my cousin Brenda.


My nieces Abigail and Suzanna. Hillary wasn't feeling well after being in the sun so she was unable to join her sisters.




My cousin Joann Brown and my second cousin Tammy (Bea's daughter) Smith's daughter, Erica Post.

My Dad Arlo Moberg, sibling cousins Randy Gudvangen, Renae Gudvangen-Sherwood, John Gudvangen, Joann Brown. Notice the Norwegian flag in the background?



Here is our huge group all assembled! We look great! I brought my tripod in order to make sure no one was left out of the group photo.


The last part of the program included my Dad and cousins playing their accordions. Many of you just don't know how fun it is to hear this kind of music. You would need to hear them to truly appreciate it! Several people took advantage of the chance to dance along!
Fireworks were going off all over the city. Several people were going to find a high hill not far from our location in the park in order to view the many displays. We chose to go back to the hotel not only because of the mosquitoes but also to gather again in a little conference type room for more visiting and yes, eating! This is a huge thing in my family! If you're getting together for anything, there is always plenty to snack on! We were up to the wee hours of the night. We reminisced and told stories of when we were younger. The laughter at some points was uncontrollable!
It was sad to know that tomorrow many of our family members would be departing and going back to the respective homes. These are times that I wish could go on every day! Families are definitely a blessing.


1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

I concur about the importance of food to our family!