Friday, July 10, 2009

Nearing the End of My Vacation

Today I had to leave Dad and Beverly's for home. But I had a stop that I wanted to make along the way. I have more relatives that I was wanting to see that live in Minot. My Mom's oldest brother and his family, Herman, Betty and Jill Roloff. They knew I would be stopping by due to a phone call the previous night.
I found them at home around 10:30 AM. They had just recently celebrated their 50TH wedding anniversary! That's more years married than I am old.....sheesh! They showed me pictures of the party that their daughter Jill gave them.
Then we went to see Jill at work. We were able to chat for awhile before she had to go back to business. It was so nice to see everyone and I can't remember the last time I had. I believe it was when my own Mom died back in 2001. Way too long ago. They look great!


Herman, Jill and Betty

Then I got back on the road and headed south towards Bismarck. Along the way I noticed several fields of Flax. I stopped to get a good picture of it. Some of my friends have never seen where Flax actually comes from. This is what it looks like in the crop stage. Beautiful!




Crop of Flax

Then I saw another field of yellow. I asked Dad what it was because I simply couldn't remember from when I was young and having been told back then. He told me it is....um, uh, OK, I've forgotten again! Help Dad! What is it? Here is a photo below. It's also very pretty!


Can't remember what this is....but it's pretty.

The day was nice for driving. What wind was actually blowing was behind me for a change! Usually on these trips, I'm driving into it which makes for very poor gas mileage! Not to mention I get tired out quicker. The sky was mostly cloudy and wasn't very hot so I saved on use of the air conditioning.

I eventually arrived home around 11:30 PM. I had to stop for gas a couple of times and also to clean off the many insects that decided to use my windshield as a landing strip! Ishta!
My vacation is nearing the end..........only 3 more days off. Boo hoo.


2 comments:

Kevin Moberg said...

I'll bet Herman and Betty were delighted to see you!

Say, now that I showed Dad how to comment on our blogs, do you think he will actually do it to answer your question about the crop?

Kevin Moberg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.